All Boat Tabs are due June 30.
Our office will be closed July 5 please remember to come in by Wednesday July 2, 2021.
The Auditor is also an agent for the Department of Revenue and collects sales taxes on transfers of such vehicles made between individuals.
Licensing & Registering a Vehicle/Vessel in Washington State
- First Time Titling and Registering in Washington State?
- Titling & Registering of Vehicles
- Titling & Registration of Vessels
- Specialized Plates and Emblems
- What to Know When Buying a Used Vehicle
For additional information, go to the Washington State Department of Licensing website.
When to renew
All boat registrations expire on June 30th. You can renew your boat registration up to 6 months before June 30th.
You won't get a renewal notice in the mail. However, you may sign up to get renewal reminders if you would like to get an email reminding you when your decals are due.
How to renew
- Renew online.
- Renew in person at your local vehicle/boat licensing office. An additional service fee may apply.
- Renew by mail. If you are signed up to get renewal reminders, you may renew by printing the email reminder and mailing it to any vehicle/boat licensing office with a check or money order for the fees.
When you renew, you will be required to:
- Pay all fees related to the renewal of your boat decals and registration. To see how much your decals will cost when you renew, see Calculate your boat registration fees. If renewing in person, provide the boat registration or registration number (WN#).
- If renewing in person, present identification to show you are the
registered owner of the boat. For a list of exceptions, contact your
local vehicle/boat licensing office.
- Meet any other requirements that apply.
Change of address
It is important to keep your address updated. If you need to change the address on record for your boat, you must visit a vehicle/boat licensing office in person. You cannot change the address for your boat record online or by mail.
Frequently asked questions